From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 18:03:41 -0500
Meltdown now has very thin, mucusy, semi-runs.  She might have damage to her
kidneys from the extra high levels of furosemide which got her this week, or
she might have perfusion damage to her liver or kidneys.  She's tired, but
not showing signs of serious pain, though she does show discomfort now at
times.  I guess this means that the far extreme hope is definitely out, and
it sounds like it makes it more likely that she will be needing a mercy
shot.  We'll just have to take it as it comes and try our best for her,
that's all.  Hanan says we are in uncharted territory right now since she
should not even be alive let alone still having some pleasures so there's no
way to predict what will happen.  Her Furosemide is being cut back to 0.3 ml
three times a day and we'll see what ahppens.

Sukie