From:
MsJOY Barkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:49:54 -0400
Hi, I just wanted to write a little note ... I've been out of touch for
quite a while now ... I got a new job (which doesn't allow as much time
on the computer) and I had a daughter.  Both are wonderful, the job not
as much as the daughter, but both have kept me out of touch with the FML.

I have only added one ferret to the family in the last four years but
have lost many more:(  The latest being Gurgi, an angora from Parrots
of the World, 6 years old.  I've dealt with the loss of ferrets and I'm
sure as many of you know, they all touch your heart in different ways ...
but this loss has added another obstacle for me ... When I adopted Gurgi
he got along with a group that I had which were all elderly.  I thought
since he was so young, I should get him a buddy to be with through the
years ... along came Tinkerbell.  Gurgi and Tinkerbell got along with
the older ferrets and each other but would never allow another in their
group ... which obviously means, Tinkerbell is alone now and would sooner
beat up another ferret then to befriend them.  This upsets me a great
deal to see her alone ... she's not even a "people" ferret ... she's
always been a loner.  I know I can give her extra attention and little
by little see if she will let someone else in but I don't like knowing
she now sleeps alone at night.