From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:21:36 -0400
I was sharing some of the things I've found on the assorted malignancies
I'm trying to find info on with a vet who is a distant friend and learned
that some of the things about leiomyosarcoma (like it being possible in
the adrenal capsule) and hemangiosarcoma in ferrets are not widely known,
so I'll give those URLs for anyone who is curious:

http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG1845
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=YG7492
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG276
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=YG5395
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG1824
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG4256
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG2490
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=YG10013
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=YG9800
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=YG3132

There is some useful info at Dr. William's AFIP site at
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
which should help some for Chiclet if it is not an infection or lympho.

Searching on "ferret and leiomyosarcoma" I found an oncology site at
a vet school with info on causes of hypoglycemia in companion animals:
http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/oncology/hypoglyc.htm

As of now I have read some of these things and others, and have more to
read.

So, whether or not these things help us, maybe they will help someone
else now or during a future search.