Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:47:30 -0700
Hi folks, I would like to know what *healthy* treat you give your ferrets.
When I read the ingredient list on things such as Ferrevite and other
similar products I see a lot of sugar/empty calories.  Since ferrets are
apparently prone to blood sugar problems, I wonder if this is a suitable
treat.  Same with raisins, good for them?  Again high sugar, bad for
teeth??  My 2 are on Total Ferret mixed equal with 8in1 Ultimate.  I
offered each separately to see which they preferred, just for fun.
Measured 1/4 cup each dish, the TF disappeared first, both ferrets went
to that dish by choice.  I still will mix as I think a little taste
variety is good for them to be used to.

Mine are young and healthy, I'm going to order *Timmy's Tonic*.  Sent for
the info, and I feel it could be good *preventive* medicine so to speak.
BARF diet not for me!!  Just my opinion, mileage will vary.

Back to treats,
I'd like to give them something good for them that they will like.  I'm
working on Parris, rewarding her for not biting me when she's held.  We
are doing much better since I've shortened the length of time she's held,
just more often.  Perhaps she will never be a snuggle bug, but she is so
special in other areas.  The chewy things are ignored, although The Kidd
did try out a foamy fry, then put it in the litter box.  Trying to tell
me something? <G>   Suggestions welcome...

In Touch,
Ardith