From:
Andi & Todd Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 11:41:55 -0500
A couple of nights ago, our old guy Gonzo had a regular looking poop in
a rather large puddle of liquid, red blood (with a couple of clots). I
panicked & we called the vet.

We were told that it is probably a case of colitis brought on by an allergy
that may have been building over time.  We haven't changed anything in his
environment for a long time, so I am busy trying to sleuth out the culprit.
We added 1/8th teaspoon of metamucil to his morning & evening duck soup -
and everythings been fine ever since (knock on wood).

Anybody ever had anything like this happen to them??  Is there anything else
I can be doing to make sure this doesn't happen again?

Here's a list of the stuff in his world... if anybody sees anything that
has caused allergic reactions before, please let me know!!
ProPlan Turkey Barley
Duck Soup (made with proplan, ensure, brewers yeast, & a couple drips of
linatone)
Water
Prednisone (1.25mg/day)
Carafate (1/8th tablet bid)
Fleece bedding, washed regularly with Era
Dirty socks for rearranging
Odoban Spray for cleaning accidents... my main suspect...
The bottle says its a disinfectant, antibacterial, & virucidal.  It's active
ingredient is Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride 2%, the rest seems to
be eucalyptus & wild flower extracts.  I dilute it a capful of stuff to each
spray bottle.  I've been using this stuff for years without problems -
anybody else think this is probably it?

Thanks for any help!