Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 01:00:02 -0500
OK, I'm trying to get the fuzzbutts to switch from Kay-Tee to Totally
Ferret.  Chitterbox and Coke seem to love the new food, and Cinnamon ate a
few pieces tonight, so I think she'll be OK with it.  But Pixie won't even
touch it.  I even tried offering it as treats the first night (they're
generally *very* receptive to new treats), but she refused it.  We're
almost out of their old food, and I'd rather not have to go out and get
more, but I will if I have to.  The worst thing is, someone's picking the
new food out of the bowl and putting it on the cage floor, and I'm pretty
sure it's Pixie.  This wouldn't be so bad, but it's a Midwest cage (you
know, the one with the trenches), and it's *really* starting to make a
mess.  Add to this a semi-drippy water bottle, a ferret (Cinnamon) who
prefers to dig the moistened food out of the trenches to eat it, and
another (Chitterbox) who's *really* bad at hitting the litterbox, and
you've got a recipe for a disease waiting to happen.  Now, don't get me
wrong, I try to clean up the messes as soon as they happen, but I'm just
not always there when they do.  Anybody have any suggestions, or am I stuck
just feeding them two different foods?

Please post to the list or email me directly with any suggestions you might
have.

Thank you!

Becky