From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 2009 20:29:52 EDT
Here Comes the Eagle!
I yell out "Here comes the eagle!" and my ferrets come running to me. I
wave an afghan over my head that has a lot of fringe....imaginary eagle
feathers....and the ferrets crowd around me hopping up and down. Then I
drop the afghan on top of them and say "Eagle gotcha!". They go crazy
under the afghan. Thankfully I have no close neighbors that can see me
through the windows, waving an afghan over my head yelling "Here comes
the eagle!". People think I'm crazy enough as it is....

Magic Carpet Ride!
I think most people play this with their ferrets dragging a small
blanket around the house with ferrets climbing on and off for rides.
My ferret Crash could do this for hours and still not have enough. He
came from a family with 2 young children, so probably did play this
for hours.

The Chase!
Some of my ferrets love to be chased. They run into a hiding spot, dart
out and I chase them into a new hiding spot. I wave my hands over my
head and yell "I'm going to GET YOU!" while I'm chasing them. I try to
remember to this only when I'm home alone so my family doesn't think
I'm crazier than they already do.

Updates....
I have a new outside pen that is directly on the ground and the ferrets
LOVE to make tunnels in the dirt. I never to leave them alone in case
they manage to tunnel under the play yard perimeter and I check their
tunnels daily but they don't seem to dig down straight but sideways
with only a couple of inches over their heads so I don't worry about
tunnels collapsing on them. They have several tunnels and actually
connected 2 of them. The whole area is under a large tree and no
poisons or insecticides of any kind were ever there.

Brewster, one of my blind ferrets, goes up and down the stairs now.
He's the only blind ferret that does but he was able to see when I
first got him so I guess he remembers about going up and down stairs.
He avoided the stairs for a long time when he fist became blind but now
has conquered them again. It is amazing to me that he just lets himself
drop to the next step without seeing it.

Sneaky, my fear and face biter, who took months to overcome her
problems, kept pushing her nose and face on my hand as I was cleaning
her cage. I wasn't able to put my hands in her cage months ago and her
nuzzling my hand made me a bit nervous but I didn't stop cleaning. Then
she did something incredible and kissed my hand and arm. I stood there
crying and in awe of this wonderful ferret. What a long way she has
come! She then stopped and just stared at me as if to say "See how
sweet I am now, Mom?" What a joy it is to have ferrets!

Nancy and her 15 fuzzies