Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:47:44 -0800
Hi, all.  Things have been way too busy around here, and in my line of
work that's not necessarily a good thing!

I found a little girl named Princess, and together we greeted her Sister
in Fur Elizabeth who was coming across the Bridge.  A little while after
we greeted her, and she and Princess had enjoyed some nuzzles and a few
dooks, the rest of their Business came to visit.  I thought that their
leader was picking on the new arrival by calling her Lizard Breath, but I
was wrong.  I was also wrong when I thought "Lizard Breath" was picking
on the Business leader, FattyFattyBoombaLatty.  I never did catch his
other name, but everybody assured me that they always addressed each
other like that.  It was a family thing.  I was so relieved!  Every now
and then there is an unhappy reunion here at the Bridge.  Fortunately,
this wasn't one of them!  Princess and Lizard Breath (she says she
prefers it to Elizabeth...well, actually, she said she'd bite me like a
rasin if I ever called her Elizabeth again) want their Mommy Donna to
know that they would be very happy if she would put their special sleep
sack underneath the pantry for others.  It took a long time to deliver
all the messages that their Mommy had for them, but they listened very
patiently.  They all have just one really important message for their
Mommy, and that is to thank her for all of the love she gave them.  It's
why they are so close on this side of the Bridge.  Some Businesses are,
and some aren't.  This one doesn't know any other way, but the way of
love.  They hang their hammies together.  I met a little guy named
Freddie coming across the Bridge.  I barely even had a chance to talk to
him, before the whole "Benita Gang" Business came to see him!  I thought
Lizard Breath had a big Business, sheesh!  These guys are like a little
army!  They know the whole Greeting routine as well as I do!

Fortunately for my ego, I did know a thing or two that Freddie was
interested in.  For example, he wanted to know if he could have a bean
bag chair.  He had heard about them from other ferrets, and he thought
that they sounded really interesting.  No problem!  Freddie now has one
of his very own.  It is brown vinyl, and has stripes on it so that it
looks like a giant football.  Freddie is in loooove with it!  It isn't
full of little styrofoam pellets, oh, no.  It is full of Cheese Doodles!
The last time I saw him, he was COVERED with orange dust!  Freddie wants
his Mommy to know that he loves her, and when he sees her again, she can
come and sit in his chair!

I met a little guy named Fritz.  He needed some tender loving care from
me, and from his Business of Max, Booger, and Maxine.  Because he crossed
over the Bridge due to an unexpected accident in the World of the Living,
he was very confused at first.  We got him right into a recovery hammock
and snuggled with him, and told him what had happened.  Fritz said he had
absolutely no memory of passing.  The only thing that upset him was the
suggestion that he might be angry at his Daddy because of the accident.
That made him very upset, because he loves his Daddy and his Daddy loves
him, and he knows that his Daddy would never, ever, want to hurt him!  No
way!  We kind of had to calm him down after that.  He is young, and he
was feeling pretty excitable, as you might imagine.  Once he understood
that WE weren't accusing his Daddy of anything bad, he calmed right down
and relaxed.  He even showed us his green mouse, pink chick, and of
course, his rubber pliers.  (Those are slick!) Within an hour, all five
of us were at the Fruit Bar.  Fritz spends a lot of time there.  And
guess who with?  FattyFattyBoomaLatty!  I swear!  I am not making this
up!  You should see him chow!

Hoping not to work quite so hard for a while,
Sandee