From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 10:25:44 -0500
Re; The anonymous posting about PJ's ferrets

I'm having a hard time believing any of it.  We visit the PJ's in Toronto
(several of them) and have found all the ferrets there to be well treated,
at least as well as they can be in a pet store.  The main store at Yorkdale
keeps them in a very large aquarium, no wood shavings, regularly handled and
played with, clean, etc.  They sell well, and at a retail price of $200
(CDN), there is no way any store manager would give away 5 ferrets worth
$1000 just to make some room for some dime-a-dozen cats.  And the local
Humane Society in Toronto does adopt out ferrets regularly.  Kits would have
a good home in a second.

Just where exactly is this alleged PJ's store?

I suspect that the anonymous poster just has a grudge against the chain.
And even if this did occur, which I doubt, why boycott an entire chain
because of one idiot manager?

Stan, Terrie & Jen,
with Mookie, Psycho, Cecil & Cocoa, all from PJ's, in Toronto