Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:12:14 -0400
Thanks for the replies I have gotten thus far.  I never thought that
perhaps Farty is developing insulinoma as well.  I gave both him and
Weasie some pepto last night and we havent had anymore episodes so far.
We're having a hurricane here today, but I am going to make an appt
with my current vet, if for no other reason, to get prednisone for the
suspected insulinoma.

I remembered that we switched their food about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and I
wonder if that has anything to do with the vomiting issues?  They have
been on 8-in-1 for years, but I decided to get something that had higher
protein due to Weasie's insulinoma.  I bought The Ferret Store's Superior
Choice Original Diet.  I have never had a ferret react this way to a new
food, but is it in the realm of possibilities?  The thing that stumps me
is that both of them act normally after vomiting, they're drinking and
eating plenty and maintaining their weight and their activity level.

I am hoping that I'm wrong about the closest ferret knowledgeable vet
being about an hour away (in Sarasota).  We are in St Petersburg, not
far from Tampa.  Does anyone know if there are any others that might be
closer?  Working a typical 9-5 job and having recently depleted my sick
and vacation time after an unexpected hospital stay does not afford me
the luxury to take a day off to drive over an hour to a farther vet.

Thanks,
Becky