From:
Jezzy Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 02:08:58 -0400
Hey everyone,

The past few months have been very eye-opening for me. I assumed ferret
owners would be happy to support a venture that showed ferrets in a
positive nature, and show the worth and importance of ferret rescues
and shelters. But I was dismayed and more than disappointed by the
nay-sayers that have turned out to be the VERY people The Ferret Squad
is trying to help.

It is absolutely shameful to assume a movie such as The Ferret Squad
will destroy ferrets, as it is being claimed. Ferrets are the THIRD
most popular pet in the states. Movies did NOT make them popular, they
are popular because they are lovable and engaging. Is it acceptable
that the only time ferrets are mentioned on television is when some
bogus news reports claims a ferret tried to eat a child? How
unfortunate that the very people who are SUPPOSED to be champions for
ferrets are perfectly satisfied with them being misunderstood and
misrepresented to the public.

I look forward to seeing a film that positively portrays ferrets. I
have spoken with reputable exotic vets AND ferret rescues that feel
the same as I do. I participate in auctions to help raise money for
shelters and rescues. I have helped fellow ferret owners whenever I
could, and continue to do so. I even sponsor three sweet ferrets every
month in a shelter that have health problems. I love my seven ferrets,
and everyone else's ferrets too. And absolutely, I have donated both
time AND money to The Ferret Squad as well, because I know without
falter that this movie is a worthy and positive project.

While Steve is perfectly content never seeing any animals in film, he
is in the small minority. So you chose. Are you content to see ferrets
portrayed as chainsaw killers or evil forest dwelling conspirators?
Because that is what Hollywood WILL continue to do to our beloved
companions. Or do you want to see real ferrets, being loved, cherished,
and cared for the way they're supposed to be? Steve has not read the
script for The Ferret Squad.

I have.

Ferrets need us to stand up for them. This movie IS a start. Ferrets
are abused and mistreated because people do not know better. Silence
only perpetuates the public's ignorance. What a shame. You've heard the
saying: Be a part of the solution, or be a part of the problem. Well,
I have considered both sides of the argument, and I am supporting The
Ferret Squad.

For those that do want to show their support as well, just pop over to
the Indiegogo site and check it out. www.indiegogo.com/theferretsquad

Jezzy