From:
Dennis Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 02:18:38 -0800
[describing a brief scene from the movie "12 Monkeys"]

>"I'm sure it was a ferret although I don't know why they would have used
>it for that scene."

I think the filmmaker was trying to gross out the audience about animal
testing--they dropped something nasty into the rabbit's eye; in the next
scene they showed a needle going into a ferret's face.  It looked like the
needle was aiming into a nostril, but maybe it was an intra-orbital blood
drawing (pretty gross sounding to me--I read about it in the James G.  Fox
ferret book).  The clip couldn't have lasted much more than a second.

Dennis