From:
Jill Brumley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:16:16 EDT
Here is the latest I found.
_An  Emerging Ferret Disease: DIM_
<http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/ferrets/ferret-health/emerging-disease-dim.aspx>

I will send prayers your way. DIM visited us a few years ago. I had the
disputed "survivor in the South Eastern US". (Please let us NOT
resurrect that issue. It matters not) She is gone now , and the doctor
in the article took all her information both when she was alive and
after she passed. I hope and pray any information she got was useful.
It is very important that you follow the testing and diagnosis protocol
right away, and get on the treatment protocol as soon as you can. My
vet was able to talk to Dr. Ramsell, and I am betting she will talk to
your vet also.

For those who may ask, my ferret did not die from the DIM but after a
bad reaction to her vaccination brought on the helicobactor (spelling?)

Hugs,
Jill & the Paws to the Wall  Gang