From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:11:18 -0800
It seems to be getting popular on this list to talk to animals.I'm not
here to say it is right or wrong,just to offer some advice..

I know a certain ferret owner whose beloved ferret is in the Vets office
under observation.The ferret owner had the ferret communicator "talk"
with her ferret.Her ferret told this person he did not want to be at the
Vet,he wanted to be home.Doh... This made this ferret owner feel very
guilty.Let's face it,whose ferret "wants" to be at the Vet?  That "kind"
of communication is better left unsaid.This ferret owner feels bad
enough..

Plus, a bit of a diagnosis was made as to what is wrong with this ferret.
I took the symptoms,sent them to a VERY famous DVM,and he saw that
diagnosis as the last possibility.  I think it is VERY dangerous for
anyone to be diagnosing anyones ferret by "talking" to them.One thing,
you are most likely leaving yourself up for a lawsuit if you say the
wrong thing to the wrong person.I certainly hope people take these
"communications" as entertainment and not as a substitute for care
from a certified Vet.

My 2 cents.....

Sincerely,
Tara

Join our Ferret Group!! Club Med Ferrets
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubmedferrets
NEW! Go shopping with CMF, proceeds go to Shelters!
http://www.geocities.com/clubmedferrets