From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:20:33 -0500
Six year old Meeteetse went in for two surgeries this morning.  Her heart
has always been tachy so she's going to stay a bit of extra time to be
safe, but we got her extra fat down and her muscle tone up by participating
in special 'Teetse-Only play times in addition to the normal romps, and
she's in very good shape except for the heart thing she's always had and
the two things going on.  The first is a very large skin tumor, probably
mast cell.  The second is probably adrenal though there are some other less
likely possibilities such as an infected uterine stump.  So she's having
exploratory abdominal surgery to find out why she has had a year of vaginal
infection after vaginal infection even after the possible vaginal causes
were eliminated from the running.  As you folks know, there's always worry,
though there is NOT panic since our vet has brought ferrets through far
worse in the past, so if anyone can do the best for her, it's Hanan.  The
skill's there, all the best equipment is there, the care is there, the love
is there, the knowledge is there -- the only variables are her tachy heart
and whatever is wrong with her, and luck.  Will keep you updated

Sukie and Steve