From:
PENE&KIM STEVENS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:42:36 +0800
Hi, I'm new to this list so I'll start by introducing my fuzzies.... 1st
there's Kwani she's a 2 yr old sable.  She's really gentle and sweet (well
they all are, but she's number one!)  Then there's Possom, an albino and
mother of 8 1wk old kits.  And Sir Smell-alot (Smelly) he's albino too and
about 4-5 months.  And last bit not least is Nibbles (Kwani's daughter),
she's just 3 months old and a sable too but lighter than Kwani - who's very
dark.

Victoria....
Seeing what your fuzzies get up to can be very scary!  Mine live in a large
avery- 6ft high.  They climb the wire right to the top, but have learnt to
'slide' down again.  (they use their claws - like cartoon cats sliding down
the curtains and ripping them to shreds.)

Smelly also likes to take 'flying leaps' from the top of the nest box.
Luckily it's only about 2ft off the floor.  He climbs on the roof of the
box and jumps to the hammock.  He thinks he's SuperFerret!!

Also the 'heads in the water' thing is just a ferret thing.  Mine do it all
the time and it gets to the point where I start to think they'll drown if
they don't come up for air soon.

**** Dish digging.....
An idea for stopping fuzzies digging all their food out of the dish is
getting an old casserole dish (try a 2nd hand place for a cheepy)  The lip
that the lid sits on will - hopefully - stop the food coming out when they
did.