Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:00:59 -0400
With the warm weather finally here, I thought it wise to post the
following precautions regarding scuba diving.  This list was compiled
by a MaFF member, who has been on scuba diving expeditions all around
the world and who I consider an authority on this subject.....

10 reasons not to bring your ferret scuba diving

1.  There are lots of soft rubber parts on scuba gear that shouldn't be
    chewed on
2.  Ferrets have difficulty with hand signals underwater
3.  Ferrets don't remember to check their remaining air every minute
4.  Ferrets always want to go under things, ignoring safe depth limits
5.  Ferrets don't like salt water
6.  Can't find wetsuits in their size
7.  Mustn't fall asleep in the middle of a dive
8.  Sea otters play too rough
9.  Diving is all about looking at things; there's nothing to smell
10. Ferrets have difficulty with the written test for certification

Have a safe and happy summer!!
Phyllis Spy
Massachusetts Ferret Friends, Inc.