From:
Kate Mckinley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:45:46 -0700
Hi there,
I write this with a heavy heart.  My Spaz had surgery in April for a lump
on his right back leg.  The vet took it out and said it was clear of any
cancer.  He did really well after surgery and was bouncing around the next
day like nothing happened.  I found another lump last week and he had
surgery on his left leg.  The vet said this time that the lump was cancer
and diagnosed Spaz with lymphosarcoma.

I am just sick over this.  My husband and I love him so much and want to do
the right thing for him.  The vet put him on .6 of prednisone twice daily.
She said he might go into remission or he might be gone in as little as 3
months.

I want to know if anyone can tell me if the prednisone will affect his
personality or if I should be watching for any effects.  He has started
this medication only 2 days ago and I don't notice anything different.  He
is running around like a crazy man, doesn't seem to be bothered by his
incision or anything.  If anyone can give me information of having their
ferts on pred...I would appreciate it.  Say a prayer for my fuzzy little
boy that he goes into remission.

Thanks in advance
Kate and the Spaz monster