From:
Brooke Lusky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:14:29 -0600
The other day, someone posted about Denver area vets.  I replied via email
to that person, but realized others may be interested.  I work for a huge
animal hospital in Highlands Ranch.  We have a few doctors with ferret
knowledge there, and several ferret patients...did a search on our computer
one day by species and came up with a couple hundred ferrets.  Dr. Bean has
been doing a lot of work recently with my boy Indy.  Indy had right adrenal
debulk a year and a half ago, then a P/U for urinary blockage last summer.
He recently became blocked again, so I filled all the docs in on different
treatments, and told Dr. Bean I was wanting to try Indy on Lupron and I
took in tons of researh for him to go over.  He decided he was willing to
give it a try, so I called Dr. Snyder in KS and had him send a few
syringes....Indy is doing great.  It has been around a month now and no
more problems...he used to have an infection every few weeks!

About 3 weeks ago, a guy brought his 5 yr old male in with total urinary
blockage.  He had just moved here and was scared to death of what might
happen to his ferret.  He was worried about the cost of treatment, as we
all are.  But turned out to be like many of us, and found the money
necessary to operate.  The ferret could barely move by the time he came in
and was severely dehydrated.  We ended up doing an adrenalectomy and a P/U
on the lil guy and he was doing wonderful by the time he went home.  Can't
wait to see how he is tomorrow when he comes in to have his stitches out!
I felt a special bond to this lil guy as I had been thru the same with
Indy, and basically adopted him while he was there.

If anyone is interested in this hospital, it is Rocky Mountain Small Animal
Hospital on County Line Road.  All our doctors are great.  =)

Brooke and the Aurora 6-pack
Cody, Indy, Dizzi, Ekko, Pewter and Smokey