From:
"Bill Gruber, FML Moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 01:27:11 EDT
Just about every mailing list I'm subscribed to has gone crazy lately -
insults flying and tempers flaring.  I've been running lists for 10 years
and note this timing is unusual - the fusses are usually in late May, not
late June.

Anyhow, many FML subscribers have been nice enough to write to me privately
lately in order to express their disatisfaction with recent FMLs.  And while
I don't really believe the FML can satisfy everyone I don't like to realize
that there are more than usual complaints.  (Of course, if the compliments
diminished too, then I'd really be in trouble!)

Tonight I'm just going to say "I hear you".  I'll consider some changes if
need be, though I'm very big on keeping this forum relatively unrestricted.
As usual, your opinions are always welcome - I try to respond but I know I
sometimes don't.

Perhaps in a couple of days I'll send out a special issue dealing just with
administrivia in lieu of a regular issue.  A day's rest from the regular
list might prove worthwhile.

Bill