From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 14:12:13 -0400
Hi again!

This is just my two cents worth on how to help a shelter with financial
difficulty.

Have any of you shelter mom's or dad's tried applying for full or part time
jobs at a veterinarian?  I know I could never afford the proper vet care did
I not work for one.  I get all products at cost and services cheap (free
exams help a lot!).  Even if you just worked one or two days a week in the
kennel, most places still give you the full employee discount.  Another idea
might be a pet supplies or pet store.  Some of them offer reasonable
employee discounts on the supplies much needed by a shelter.  Of the two,
the best bet would be a veterinarian.  I know from experience you can't go a
week without one of them needing to go in for something (even if it's just a
vaccine).

Just my thought for the day.  If you know your vet well, try asking for an
app and see what happens!  I know you won't make as much money per hour as
another job, but the discount more than makes up for it if you regularly
have large vet bills.

Tracy
Mid-Michigan Ferrets
GLFA Show Registrar