From:
MR ANG DONG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 21:02:43 EST
Hi All!!

It's been awhile but I just wanted to thank everyone and give the update
on Nikki's move.

But first I just wanted to give my most heartfelt sympathies to Racy's mom
and Axel's mom!  I'm still catching up on back articles but I just wanted
to say that if Kelleen stops writing to Fml it's all of our loss!

Kelleen, you have been a great help to so many of us and this was an
ACCIDENT!!  You did not do it on purpose and we all know that if you could
change the outcome you would!  Please don't beat yourself up over it!  Racy
knows that you love her and that it was an accident and that you never
would have done anything to hurt her on purpose!  So please if you're still
reading find it in your heart to forgive yourself!

Well I would like to thank everyone for the advise that we received about
moving Nikki with as little stress as possible.  Nikki has been living in
her new home for a week now and is doing absolutely wonderful!  She is as
happy as can be and we haven't seen any indication that she is stressed
out!  For the first couple of nights we confined her to her cage, mostly
for piece of mind, and now she has free run of HER room!  At first she
always returned to her cage to sleep, but now she is testing the various
beds in the room!  Also so far she has been doing great with the litter
pan!  We followed the advise of a past /uy7dc4jhue ,sorry that was a
message from Nikki, Fml article and placed bedding materials in the corners
that we didn't want her to use, and after exploring she "picked" the corner
that we wanted her to use!  So, so far all is good.

The only problem that I think we may have is with Nikki and the "boys".
The boys are Nikki's new acquired felonian brothers!  Nikki has never
really had any dealings with cats, as well as the cats have never seen a
ferret.  And to be honest we're not sure if Nikki is trying to play or if
she is being aggressive.  The cats follow her all around (this is all
supervised of course) and she doesn't seem to pay any attention, and then
all of a sudden........POW!!  she darts after them and nips at the back of
their legs.  Thus far she has not caught anyone, but we are wondering if
this is normal playing between cats and ferrets or does Nikki really want
to hurt the cats?  Also we are planing on getting two more babies this
Saturday and we are a little afraid that Nikki might be to aggressive with
them.  Any advise on these matters would be very appreciated!

Thanks again to everyone for your help!  Our deepest sympathies to everyone
that has recently lost a fuzzy.  And we are looking forward to meeting
fellow FMLers at the Big Apple Ferret show, BTW Bill Killian we will
definitely be visiting your table in hopes of possibly buying a couple of
kits!

Jaya - Guarder of the Ferritone
Ang - Raisin dispenser
Nikki - I love having my own room, and I'm gonna catch those funny
looking ferrets!!
             After all I have to protect my treasures!
the Boys (Nobby, Vester, and Spooky aka Stinky) -