From:
Andre Klefenz / Jennifer Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 1995 00:55:00 -0400
HI...I'm a first time participant here. My little demon is Newton and she
has displayed the vigorous tail-wagging a few times when she is just
totally maniacal, as well as a fascination for the almighty
toilet-scrubber... Bizarre little critters aren't they?

I have a question for anyone with an answer... While visiting my parents in
Moncton, New Brunswick with Newton, I picked up my parents' dog's little
squeak toy which happened to have a *very* loud squeak. It got a rather
unusual(what about a ferret is ever usual?) reaction from Newton, she
froze, then began her low honks and dooks and started following the toy
anywhere I would squeak it. Her honks and beeps got louder and she seemed
mezmorized by the sound. It was impossible to tell if she was enjoying
herself or if she wanted to stuff the toy down my throat.

Speaking of Moncton, there is a pet store there that carries ferrets but
they always "defang" them. This means that their canines were filed down to
the length of the front teeth. I found the canines to be dark grey as if
the teeth were dead. This seemed like the most abusive thing I have ever
seen anyone do to an animal. Perhaps the pet store hoped to make their
*MERCHANDISE* seem less threatening to customers who were unfamiliar with
ferrets. If anyone reading this is from Moncton, the store is the Moncton
Pet World on Mountain Rd. Perhaps a boycott is in order.

One last thing... I apologize if this has been covered already, but does
anyone have any advise on keeping our little miners out of the potted
plants? Clapping, shouting, squirting with a squirt gun, etc., don't keep
Newton out of them at all.

Jen, Andre and (the tongue for all occasions), Newton (if it looks as if it
can come apart, be knocked over or dragged under the couch...IT WILL.:)
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada.