From:
[log in to unmask] (Jen Freer)
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 1994 19:49:02 -0400 (EDT)
I have a six year old ecru sable female named Abby who was diagnosed a
few months back as having tumors on her kidneys.  She has experienced
hair loss and abdominal swelling, but is fine otherwise.  Her doctors at
the Animal Medical Center in NYC told me the only treatment was surgery,
but it would cost between $700-$1000.  I was also advised that the
condition is primarily a "vanity" one and that they had never seen a
ferret die from this.  I opted to not go with the surgery.

Has anyone else had the expeience of having a ferret with this condition,
and if so how did your ferret fair with or with out surgery?

Abby is doing just fine after three months, and we are actually waiting to
hear about getting her into a study for the chemical treatment of this
condition.

RE:  Black-Eyed White Ferrets

I have a white ferret with "dark" eyes which I took in a few years ago.  She
has black eyes without a trace of "ruby".  What would the "right light"
mean?  Right under a spotlight or subdued lighting?

Jen Freer