From:
Steve Krawcke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 21:25:46 -0800
Hi everyone I have good news, Loki is doing fine.  The tumor turned out to
be a cystic kidney.  The doctor told us that there was a fluid sac in her
kidney and she had to remove it.  Loki was in surgery for about one hour.
The doctor told us that the kidney had attached its self to the lower
intestine but he was able to remove it with now sounding damage.  She had
sent the kidney in for a biopsy and we may know more about what caused it
later.  I was able to see Loki today she looked so small and skinny, but she
was alert and she ate some food whale I was there.  She should be coming
home on Friday or Saturday :) .  The doctor told us that we should separate
the two ferrets so ,Maura (my s.o.) and I went out to get them another cage.
We found at an Pet Supplies Plus a big Midwest Homes ferret cage, the large
4' high cage on rollers, and it only cost $139.  A nice thing about this
cage is that it can fold up to something that can fit into a trunk of a car,
so when Maura and I go camping we can bring them with us.  Last August we
went camping in the U.P.  of Michigan to visit my sister who works in a
state park in Indian Lake.  The Department of Natural Resource officer was
really interested in Loki, he brought over his son and daughter to our camp
sight and they bough fell in love with her.  We told them how grate they
were as pets we brought the ferret to the beach and we all LOL at the sand
snorkeling.  By now they probably have at least one we will find out this
summer when we go back this time with 2(maybe 3....6...36 ....oh no hear
goes that ferret math again).  Well at least to night I can get some sleep.
I would like to thank every one out there who said a prayer for Loki.

Thank you
Steve