From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 01:40:42 +0000
Thank you Sukie, for doing the heavy lifting on hypervitaminosis A
as it impacts (or fails to impact) the ferret. I'm glad to know that
ferrets aren't at all likely to die the painful, lingering death that
you and I would experience from shlurping down nice fresh, still
steaming on the ice polar bear liver. Actually, my great- grandmother
passed down a few treasured family polar bear liver recipies that none
of us have ever dared to prepare.The true flaw in her cooking and
baking skills was not an injudicious use of polar bear liver, it was
the use of creative *Jello Molds* in the kitchen, an innovation she
discovered in the 50's. You can actually liquify raw liver and mix
it into a Jello matrix. Let it chill for a few hours, and you get a
glistening, slightly bouncy organ meat mold to turn over onto a dessert
plate. It might first be necessary to run the mold beneath warm water
to loosten it. But I digress...I am happy for my little ferrety
friends, happy that they can tuck into a slice in safety.

Alexandra in MA