From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 21:17:38 -0500
It is all too common when ferrets enter a new environment (shelter vs family
home) to find the stresscausing indicators of gaging reflex, vomiting or
diarrhea .  When ferrets enter our shelter and a determination is made that
they are in transition and demonstrating the above symptoms we have begun
using the following homeopathic remedy with 100% effectiveness thus far.

Nux Vomica 30X tap 1-2 tabs from bottle into a spoon and crush thoroughly
with another spoon.  Add aprox 1/2 tsp of water and use dropper to
administer.  (Note 1 tab is sufficient for a kit or small female otherwise 2
tabs seems to be very effective with no side effects).

After administering this remedy the ferrets have in all cases voluntarily
taken fluids and or eaten within 1 hours time with no reoccurence of the
initial symptoms demonstrated.  I would like to hear from any other vets or
shelters who are successfully working with homeopathic remedies, and will
appreciate any assistance or information which might be forwarded.