From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 00:29:53 -0600
Well finally my P.I. is back from vacation and without letting me know,
started to interview my neighbors and making appts. in order to conduct
real interviews with them.  She did let me know that there is one neighbor
who not only hates me, but many others in the neighborhood as well.  She
won't tell me who it is.  ( I want to send them a fruit basket)  She did
let me know that most of the folks around me think very highly of us as
neighbors and a few who don't know us don't care what we do as it has
never affected their lives having the shelter in or around them.

The shelter is in a state of disarray right now, with painting going on in
the sick rooms and community room.  Our painter is a professional and doing
it in his spare time so things are going slowly.  But I did manage to help
get the community room back together today.  Boy, where do you put things
when you are already overcrowded and then take everything out of two rooms?

Listen to this miracle ..... we have ran out of adoptable ferrets 3 times
now in the last 3 weeks, mostly thanks to the city of Aurora.  I think
tommorrow I will send them a thank you card.  All of the ferrets that are
left fit in one room.  Of course we won't ake everything out for good as
it could go back to the way it was anytime.  Maybe I should antagonize the
city more often??  Naaaahhhh!  Maybe I won't!

Thanks for the outpouring of support from all of you out there in fml land
and for those of you who sent donations, reciepts will be in the mail
soon.  My database is undergoing a facelift tommorrow and hopefully be more
pleasing to the IRS eye than in the past.  I am truly curious how many
e-mails and faxes were sent to Mayor Paul Tower and Gov.  Owens?  Ya'll
have been great.  Special thanks to those who have understood the stress
levels I am going through and your support with that.

Good night and hugs to all,
Ferretguy