From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 08:54:20 -0400
Oh my gosh - you'all haven't heard about pet catalogs yet?  I do not like
supporting stores that sell ferrets (which they do here) so I go through
catalogs.  There are tons of them.  Their prices are usually way better
than stores, of course you have to pay shipping so it evens out money wise
but you come out ahead on convenience.  The one I use most is Omaha Vaccine
Company Best Care Pet Catalog - I sat down and listed ferret supplies, who
had them in what catalog and compared prices - Omaha won although there is
one product I have to go to another catalog for.

1-800-367-4444 is their number, catalogs are free.

BTW - the one thing I have to get elsewhere is Gimborns dehydrated chicken
treats.  Most dog treats are dehydrated beef, chicken, lamb etc.  LIVER
which I didn't think a ferret should have too much of.  Gimborns is the
only one I've found that has just plain dehydrated chicken.  They look like
cubes of brown stryofoam but the ferrets like them a lot.  "Contents"(?)
Chicken Meat, Salt, Sodium tripolyphosphate, Natural Flavorings,m ixed
Tocopherols and Citric Acid.  Crude Protein not less than 53%, Crude Fat
not less than 33%, Crude Fiber not more than 1.25% and Mositure not more
than 4.25%.  I don't like all the salt they get but at least there's not
a ton of other weird ingrediants.

Mary, Booker and the fuzzbutts too