Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 03:23:07 -0800
I am getting powerpoint presentations ready for Pasadena and
Sacramento, as well as for the ferret symposium. I don't need much help
specifically doing that, but I do need some help in another matter.

I am dead tired of looking at my own photos. Not that they are bad or
anything, I just want a better selection that represents the ferret
community -- world and USA -- a bit better than my own little guys.

It would be nice if FML members would contribute photos of their
personal ferrets. I am looking for fun and action close-up shots, but
any ferret activity is acceptable. BIrths and baby ferrets are needed.
I especially need photos of ferrets eating stuff other than kibble
(chicken, rabbits, whatever). The occasional ferret portrait would also
be ok. Special needs ferrets are desired. Many of you have heard or
read about my enrichment programs; photos of enrichment programs would
be absolutely wonderful. Ferreting or working photos would also be
great. Short mpg movies would be fantastic, but they would have to be
specific to enrichment activities or tooth brushing. Photos of ferrets
rescued from bad situations are also needed, sadly. I don't use cages
for the most part, so I need a photo of a ferret chewing the bars of
a cage (keep in mind I will use it to illustrate cage-mediated tooth
damage -- I don't want to embarrass anyone). I forget who once showed
me a photo of a huge group of ferrets lined up and eating Bob's Chicken
Gravy, but that photo, or one like it, would be great. You get the
idea.

I will be using these pictures for the four new powerpoint
presentations I am creating, but I will also use some to revamp some
of my older presentations. I currently have 10 presentations for people
to view, so they will total 14.

PLEASE do not send them to my [log in to unmask] address. I have a
special address just for you to send the photos to; just email me at
[log in to unmask] and I will send you the other, private, address.
If you can't email them, you can ship them for me to scan; just talk
to me about it and I'll give you more details.

Keep in mind that these photos will be projected, so they need to be
in focus, sharp, and fairly close up. Blurry shots of a tiny ferret
in a huge room would be very hard to use, even if very cute.

You really don't get anything for this, but your photos will be seen in
my powerpoint presentations for the next couple of years, and people
will see your ferrets and your name as a contributer. Since I give
between 15 and 25 presentations per year, in multiple countries, a LOT
of people will see your ferret's pictures.

For those that send photos, I will burn the finished powerpoint
presentation that contains it to a CD and ship it to you. I would be
happy to email it, but unless you have an ftp site I can upload to, my
pp presentations are too large, some being over 100mb. I once all but
killed someone's computer when they tried to show one of my large
powerpoints; it had to be restarted several times (I am still sorry).

I appreciate any help I can get. PLEASE type "FERRET PHOTO" in the
subject line so I don't miss it. This is time sensitive, so please
don't delay.

Remember, I currently have an MRSA lung infection that I contracted
during a recent surgery, which saps strength and stamina (think of
'chronic bronchial pneumonia'). I am trying to catch up on my email,
BUT I HAVE to do my professional email first, and the ferret stuff is
very extensive (about 800 emails since my mom died). Be patient. Since
I will be leaving for California before the end of the month and need
the pictures, I have to answer the photo emails first, but I *WILL*
get to all of it as soon as I can.

Bob C