From:
Donald Dittman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:44:24 -0700
Well this is a post I was hoping not to write for a long time.  I took my
little Molly to the vet Monday night.  It was time to help her leave.  She
was the most valiant little girl I ever saw.  After her friend Sylvia left
in June she went downhill rapidly.  She pulled herself back around and I
had great hopes then the dr.  found tumors all through her.  She still kept
on going for awhile, playing in the sunny patch of clover, rolling over and
crossing her paws for a belly rub, trying to catch the other ferrets, but
finally she couldn't eat and choked all the time.  I was afraid she'd
strangle in her sleep so I made the trip.  She was my little one who was
abandoned and really never had a chance to enjoy being a ferret.

I used to read posts about people never wanting any more ferrets because of
the pain and I could never imagine not having a ferret in my life.  Now,
after losing three in two years, I understand and I'm not sure I can ever
get another after my crew is gone.

Laurel and the fuzzies - missing Molly, Sylvia and Lillian