From:
HL Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 02:32:31 -0400
I must admit that most of the time I am only able to skim over the list
and read only what catches my eye.  For some reason the story that hotdish
recounted caught my eye.  I wont put in the whole thing again but here is
the basics.

A friend told her (say it with me, "Once upon a time") about a ferret
rescue she did.  Someone had a ferret that was the intended lunch of a Boa
Constrictor.  (The evil villain?)  The friend had a friend and they went in
costume, hospital scrubs, to the villains house and convinced him that they
were with animal control.  (I have seen a few animal control people and I
have never seen one in scrubs, maybe it was the rubber gloves and masks
that convinced the villain?) They convinced the Boa guy that the ferret
could give the Boa a tummy ache and also that ferrets were illegal in that
state.  ( And the crowd stands up and cheers.) Also, since Boa guy was a
moron they, the "animal control", would not fine him for his illegal
ferret.  (HUH?  or should that be DUH?) The ferret was taken to a nice home
never to be on a menu again.  (And they all lived happily ever after.)

A couple of things came to mind (after I smacked myself in the head for not
writing this fairy tale myself).  One is, unless this Boa guy just happened
to find a ferret running around, he paid for the ferret and the cheapest
ones I have ever run across were still $40.  Second, SCRUBS?!?!?!  HAHAHA.
Pleeeaassse.  Third, I just got a great deal on the Empire State building
and I am willing to let it go cheap.  Call me insane but I might even be
convinced to sell it for a loss.  Hotdish?  Interested?

Seriously for just a moment, any kind of cruelty needs to be addressed
and it was a cute story but one more time and with feeling
PPPPLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEE.