From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:06:39 -0500
An adorable, healthy, chocolate MF male -- probably about 12 weeks old --
needs a loving home and a friend to play with.  610-446-8036

My daughter Rebecca "just happened" to be walking down a street in Center
City Philadelphia last week when someone said, "There's an animal under
that van!" It ran right towards Rebecca and she scooped it up, the only one
around who knew and felt comfortable with ferrets.  He was terrified but
happy to be held.  The woman who spotted it "just happened" to be walking
by with a woman Rebecca knew through her ex-boyfriend.  We live outside
the city and Rebecca was taking public transportation, but the woman is a
custom jeweler on Jewelers' Row and "just happened" to have a huge empty
aquarium in her workshop to put the ferret in.  She and Rebecca agreed that
I would call her the next day.  She notified the SPCA, a couple pet stores
and a shelter, but no one has called yet.  For a couple of reasons, we are
suspicious that the people in the van were actually the owners of the
ferret.  One reason is that he was clean and well-fed, as if he had just
gotten out.

The woman kept him a few days to see if she got a call, but then she asked
me to come pick him up.  Her workroom cannot be ferret-proofed and she has
an iguana and a huge dog at home.  The baby is healthy, happy and gives
kisses.  He also needs ferret company.  When I had him separated and only
let him out alone, he would cuddle and kiss briefly but then insist that I
play with him, and all he loves to do is pounce and wrestle.  I was afraid
he'd learn to bite too hard if I didn't give him a friend.  I've introduced
him to the three tolerant ones of my seven ferrets, and the baby (whom I'm
calling Zorba or Boris) is in heaven.  He is also completely gentle with me
as long as he has a ferret to jump on.

Even if I felt I could take on an 8th ferret, I've promised my husband we
won't get another one for a very long time.  He will not change his mind
about this.

Please call if you want him!  610-446-8036

Ask me how to save money while supporting ferret shelters.

1% of my monthly internet bill, 2% of my long distance
and intrastate phone bill, and 1% of my calling card bill
go to the FML Shelter Fund.  And the rates are great!!

We also offer ferret coloring books and a booklet for the
grocery store coupons of your choice to support shelters.