From:
Skyla Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:41:04 -0500
People have made some really good points about this issue, but I thought
I'd share *my* thinking because I feel I've made an ethical decision.
First off, I like the Ferret Store and I am well aware and very
appreciative of all they've done to give back to the ferret community.
They also have a terrific selection of products; there's just no comparison
between them and all the other cat/dog/other online pet supply stores.
Pets.com has a lousy selection, AND their pages are set up in a slow and
annoying way.  But that's a more technical issue!  :-)

My bottome line: I will support the Ferret Store when I need supplies for
my fuzzies and can't get them by patronizing a shelter.  HOWEVER, this sale
is a one-time very special deal and I can't disregard it.  I'm saving too
much money to ignore it.  This DOES NOT MEAN that I will continue to use
Pets.com when they have regular prices.  What, I'm so dopey I won't notice
an increase in price?  I'll just automatically use them again, despite the
fact that so many people have made negative comments about the shipping
time?

NO, I have a brain and can use it.  Just because I don't buy *this* order
of food from TFS/NEEPS doesn't mean I never will again, and if Pets.com
thinks they can just lure me in like a trout, well, why not capitalize on
all the bait they're tossing out--while it lasts?