From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:09:32 -0500
It was a lovely day at the Bridge. SaraFerret was crocheting toys once
again for the little kits at the Kit and Kaboodle. These were the
little souls who were all alone and would never have anyone to expect
in the future. So everyone at de Bridge would make a special trip to
see them all the time. And of course there were always others to be
with them everyday, especially Aunt Mary who felt like they were all
hers and the maiden fuzzies who took them as their special charges. A
soft knock at her cottage door snapped her out of her reverie. She
dropped the toy and ran to open the door. It was Mimi, the little girl
courier, with a note in her paw. She said,

"SaraFerret, I have a message for you that a ferret is crossing the
Bridge. There may be a bit of a problem with him. Is there anyone you
want me to get?"

I took the note and I read it and told Mimi who to get and made a
headlong dash to the entrance hoping that I would be on time for once.
Well I was, now where was this fuzzy? Did I lose him? Hopefully he
didn't wander off somewhere. Just then, I saw the Angel of Mercy
bringing him across the Bridge. As he deposited him there, he whispered
to me, "This ferret would not cross for anything. He just sat there. I
mean, not for anything, so I simply had to pick him up and bring him
across. I have never seen the like!!!!!!" He said this quietly so he
would not hurt the little fuzzy's feelings.

But I quickly introduced myself, "I am SaraFerret and I am the
bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. This is your new forever
home. Here you will have no more pain or suffering. You will run on
green grass forever and have lotsa friends. Did I mention the fun and
games?"

He looked at me and said, "I feel lots better so I would just as soon
back out and go see Mommy Debbie. Anyway my name is Gizmo."

I replied, "Uh Gizmo, maybe you didn't hear me. This is home now. Later
you will see other friends. Trust me this place is really fun."

He said, "Well, it isn't the best but I guess it will have to do. I
didn't want to come, but someone made me cross; I would've just sat
there forever. I don't even know you and I don't see anyone else."

I answered, "Gizmo, I understand what you are saying. No one wants to
cross, but this place is beautiful. Here, I have a present for you. A
PackWolfy brought this across on one his trips here. It is a genuine
used sweaty old shoe. I know you will cherish it."

He clutched it in his paws and said, "Thanks." Just then, his sister,
Vicious (Vic) rushed up and hugged him and said, "Oh it so good to see
you, Giz. I have missed you." It was a nice reunion and I knew that
Gizmo was happy to know he wouldn't be stuck with some old lady fuzzy.
And then Vic pointed to her wings and said, "Has SaraFerret told you
about the wings you are gonna get? I betcha she hasn't had a chance
yet. So I get to be the lucky one to tell you all about them. See these
wings on my shoulders. You are gonna get your very own pair just like
mine--well not exactly like mine--yours will be boy wings--special for
you--they are great for flying about the heavens; sure beats hopping
from cloud to cloud. So if you will follow me." (I thought to myself,
my goodness Vic does a really good impression of me. Maybe I ought to
bring some of these fuzzies along to help me out on occasions when I
have frightened ones).

We went down the garden path to the Wing House where the wings were
stored. We opened the door and on the counter was a big box--of course.
Gizmo handed me the precious shoe to hold. Then he opened the box and
took out the wings--blue with pink streaks. Vicious helped him put on
his wings and I adjusted his halo. Then he ran to the big vanity
mirror. (First time I've seen him run). He gazed at his reflection and
turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Then I gots
an idea. I handed him back his shoe and all three of us went out the
door.

We went down the path to the Misting Pond and sat down beside the cool
clear water. With one swish we saw the vision of Mommy Debbie appear.
Gizmo got so excited he started waving and dooking with all of his
might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for rescuing me. Thank you for loving me
and holding me all of those days and nights. I have found my sister and
I am safe. I have wings and soon I will be able to fly. Oh yes, my
first present was a very old stinky shoe; isn't that wonderful."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and promises to visit and laid
them on a nearby shooting star and by the time you should read this it
should have landed there. And with another swish the vision was gone.

And so we left there and went down the road to a heart-shaped cottage
where a group of fuzzies were waiting. Vic introduced them all as
friends and visitors and they all yelled out, "Welcome Giz." He could
hear music a-playing and he could smell food. We went on in and he was
really amazed. All this food forbidden on earth was his for the taking
and (yes he held on to his precious shoe until his sister told him he
could put it on his hammock and NO ONE WOULD TAKE IT) But then Vic took
him aside and told him the sad news there was no TV at the Bridge. He
would have to make do with playing and running through the tall grasses
with her for amusement or just lie in his hammie and be bored. He
thought about that and suddenly had a change of heart and that, he too
could play with others as long as they didn't play too hard. I was
invited to stay and partake of the food and dance. But I had many other
things to do. So I gave Gizmo and Vic a hug and told all a good bye. It
was nice to see that Gizmo had found his new forever home.

So ended another greeting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter