From:
Susan Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:31:43 +0000
Hey All,

First Things first: Kodo, My stomach just churns when I think of how un fair
he is being treated.  Monday was hard.  I find that Kodo didn't win, and
then that Lami had gone on.  It was just to much.  Llona I am so sorry.  To
not be with him just because you are in California.  Makes me SO mad!  I
lived there for 4 years and had my first ferret Monster.  I really believe
that she died much earlier than the had to because the vet I found didn't
really know all her options.  BIG SIGH!

On to other things.  Taos my ferret with a BAD attitude.  she is 1 year old
(June 7).  She is the smallest skinniest thing.  She eats Pro Plan Growth
and has since the beginning.  For some reason she just didn't grow.  That in
its self is not to bad, but she is also really skinny.  What Tasty
supplements are there that I can give her to fatten her up.  I have a couple
theories.  1) she is to hyper to keep any weight on her.  She only runs and
as fast as she can.  She plays for at least an hour longer than all the
others too.  2) she has a stomach thing.  She does grind her teeth, and is
very mean to the other ferrets (maybe because she doesn't feel good?) I have
tried antacids per my vet.  She said NO WAY (it was very messy) does any one
have a kind they found their ferret to tolerate?  I tried 7UP/Sprite she
stuck her nose in the bubbles and it was all over from there.  She is going
to the vet in about a month for her shots So I will talk to him then.  But
for now, any suggestions?

The frenzy of 5 are doing well.  Elbert has 100% recovered from his biopsy.
His hair is thinking of growing back.  He is such a lovely boy.  Sammy is on
the all out attack.  He is now into ambushing, he will take a flying leap at
your leg.  He gets REALLY mad when you see it coming and step aside for him
to fly by.  Hugo is a fraidy ferret.  His tail is fuzzed out and he slinks
much of the time.  I don't know why.  He was really scared of the ferret
eating desk we just got.  Just ask him he will tell you how it is out to get
him.  He saw it move, Really!  Izzy is being her slinky self.  The other day
we were sitting at breakfast, the butter tub open with the lid on the edge
of the table.  The B2 stealth Izzy got on a chair just peaked her nose
enough to grab the lid.  We never saw a ferret.  just the lid go out of
sight.  What a goofy.  What a busted goofy!

Give you fuzzys Big Wet Slobbery Kisses.  They will love it!

Sue