From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:26:58 EST
hi!

a quick thank you to everyone that wrote to me (or tried to) about the
chicken gravy disaster and the air purifiers.

I think that the gravy is salvagable--i need to mix and refreeze.  it is
watery so putting in in the refridge gave it enough time to seperate or
something.  I also think it was too chickeny for their taste--but already
keera is begging for it again :P Thanks!!

also: if anyone still has a thought or two on good brands of air purifiers,
i would love to hear.  I am looking for one with hepa filter AND some kind
of electrostatic soemthing or other (see how bad i am without my notes?) ~~

on a side note:
i went to Ferret Hollow on Sunday to bring back a foster for surgery.  it
was my first time there and I have to say they have a ton of wonderful
ferrets for adoption!  I couldn't believe it!

personally, i loved buster and Pinky--two adorable albinos (and i am not
usually drawn to albinos).  They had a gorgeous albino or DEW called
marshmellow.  They had a hefty boy named Stinky that loved the ear rubs
and his cage mate Baby was bouncing everywhere!

There are still four of the 6 that these little bitty things that were
brought to a PARROT shelter instead of a FERRET shelter to be returned.
They were horribly neglected and they have bounced back amazingly!  the
coats are soft, they are so nice!

I got out of there with ZERO bites on my body~ (can't say so much for my
friend.  he made the mistake of getting a lick-lick-chomp from a ferret
that liked the chomp more than they lick--the wardance afterwards
completely showed you his sense of humor!)

They also have some younger ferrets (under two but the youngest is 14
weeks).  it was soemthing I wasn't expecting to see!

They have a gorgeous little gal that Liz (a volunteer)rescued from a pet
store.  she is finished up quarantine so i think she will be available for
adoption soon!  She is ONLY 14 weeks!  Rick says she thinks that they were
going to put her down at the petstore if Liz didn't take her--I can't see
how they would do that to this little gal!  other that Kitnips, she is NOT
a biter--don't worry about that~

I have to admit--i used to think of all shelter ferrets as older ferrets
with little personality...I knew it wasn't that, but it was easier for me
to believe that.

After goign to the shelter for a few hours, i realized that #1: i need to
to play as the others--if anything, they like it more..

anyway: i am not trying to sell the sheler--but it was definately worth my
time.  I felt good helping out and i have so much more respect for any
shelter operator than i did before b/c unless you walk in their shoes for a
day--you really don't understand.

personally, i thought i "got it" but after sunday--it is a whole new
world..

ok.  enough of my babble.  I just had to let everyone know what a great
experience it was for me.

meagan

ps: i also learned NOT to let all the white and silver ones out at
once...heh heh..oopsie!!

I let rick and denise sort them out to the right cages b/c i DEFIANTELY
couldn't figure it out--there were so many white ones!! teeheehee!