From:
Tony Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:34:52 -0000
>Is this an early sign of adreanal disease? He is showing no other
>signs, fur is not thining or anthing else. -

Yes

>Should I get him a Deslorin Implant or wait for a while? -

Do it now it will do no harm if he is not adrenal.

A similiar example from my own ferret Suki From
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ferrethealth/message/11358

Suki, her companion who is 1 year younger than Sugar has shown
increasing peculiar grooming behavior over the last 3 months. She
alternatively nibbles her left forepaw and foreleg and then my hand,
swapping from one to the other every few seconds, she has to be
physically restrained before she stops this and I can't see any thing
wrong with her paw. She has also shown increased itchyness over the
past few weeks, increasing in frequency of scratching sessions over
this time. As the grooming behavior and itching are both possible
minor adrenal symptoms she also now has the implant (Suprelorin) as a
precaution and diagnostic.

I am pleased to report that the behavior mentioned above has ceased
completely 5 weeks after the implant. It has tailed off gradually
since week 2. Yes!!. Be aware of these minor symptoms folks.

Tony (not a vet), Sugar and Suki.
In memory of Sally and Sue.