From:
Norma-ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 10:37:05 -0500
    Hi everyone.  i just wanted to tell you that i am adopting a little
whippet cross from my school today (I am a Vet.  Tech.  student and "Soda
Pop" is one of the dogs we've had here to work with).  i am _so_ excited
about this because she is just adorable and loves all the other animals at
school...so here's hoping she'll love my weasels, too!  She wound up at our
school because she was a stray and no one came to the pound to claim
her...unbelievable!  We don't know much about her (and "Soda Pop" has only
been her name for the past 6 weeks), but i think she is about 1.5 yrs...and
i will be calling her Emmy...she seems to like it better, anyway.

    More on topic...i wanted to remind everyone that there _is_ a club in
the Southern Ontario area...SOFA...and, Sheena, we have already asked "the
lady with so many ferrets...she didn't know what to do!" to join us.  i am
sure a network of ferret lovers could help her to find homes for some of her
babies (if that is what she wants to do), or maybe she would like us to
write an article about her situation in our newsletter.?.  i hope to hear
from her and from anyone else in the Ontario area who might like to join!

    Oh, and Sarah...did you read my story about the psychic experience i had
with my boy, Leo?  Just as he was pushing out the window screen and heading
out for his big adventure (while i was in the other room), i got the _very
strong_ feeling that he (and not my other ferret, Molly, but specifically
%LEO%) was doing just that.  i ran to the room to confirm my "vision" [;^)]
and then outside to get him...which i did, luckily.  If i hadn't gone to
find him when i did, i doubt that i _would _ have!  The window stays closed
in their room now, btw.

    Well, take care everyone & wish me luck with the fuzzy/whippet
introductions!!!

Norma-ann,
C0-founder of SOFA,
and Mom to Molly and Leo.