From:
R & T Lombardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:32:52 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I need some help.  I was going to my
mailbox when I encountered a women that lives in my condo building.  She
has a ferret and asked me if I would watch hers for few days.  She told me
that she has trouble finding someone that isn't afraid of ferrets.  I, of
course, understood having known people that are afraid of them.  So she
took me upstairs to meet hers.  The ferrets name is Slinky, she is about
5-6 years old.  Slinky came out of her hiding spot and torn into me.  I
have never in all my life seen a ferret that was so vicious.  Slinky bit
me so hard she drew blood from my hand in several spots.  It happened over
an hour ago and I'm still shaken up about it.  This women told me that she
used to breed ferrets so I never expected this.  Slinky is not litter box
trained, the woman puts paper towels and newspaper down in the corners she
uses.  I don't know what to do.  I told her, before I met Slinky, that I
would watch her.

As I was leaving, the woman told me she had hired a service to come to her
home last time, and told the girl to wear long pants (Slinky will also bite
legs) and gave her gloves.  The girl never went back to return her key and
the service refuses to do it again.  What should I do?  I have never seen a
ferret behave like this.  I would feel bad telling her I didn't want to do
it, because she can't get anyone, and I would want Slinky to starve.  She
was just going to leave her and hope she put out enough food and water.

Dooks,

Teresa & the Fur-tastic Five
Sequoia, Enoch, Callisto, Nemesis, & Gizmo