From:
Liane Novick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:35:39 EDT
Dear fellow ferret lovers -

I dedicate this posting to others (like myself) who take in the homeless,
sick and unwanted fuzzies.  I am sure that there are those of you who feel
the pain and sadness when one of your 'special kids' crosses the Bridge.  I
spent a sleepless night taking care of a little albino female who came into
my care the previous day.  She had been neglected and starved until she was
rescued by another.  She had tried to hang on, but the battle was too tough
for her little body to fight.  Through out the night I gave her IV fluids
and dropper fed her pedialyte and ferretone.  She was not in pain, but was
crossing the bridge.  After placing her in warm blanket and dropper feeding
her pedialyte, she looked up at me, opened her mouth as if trying to say
something, and passed away.  Even though I didn't know her name, she will
always be in my heart.  My heartfelt prayers and gratitude to those who run
shelters and provide for these little creatures.  May God be with those who
care for I know He is with the Little Ones.

In Memory of the Little Ones

You came into my life
often unexpected
Neither you nor I planned it