From:
Alice Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 13:17:04 EDT
Fannie was suspected of being deaf because of her blaze marking and calm
reaction to the vacuum cleaner.  Instead of using a tuning fork to test her
hearing, the vet just banged loudly on the side of Fannie's pet carrier.
Fannie stepped out of the carrier as if nothing happened.

It's hard to imagine her world of silence.  She deals with it well, though,
and is having fun but, of course, more vigilance is required on our part
at doorways, with visitors, and when wrestling with other ferrets, for
example.  Her deep sleep gives me the chance to hold her longer if I find
her before she wakes up and wants to squirm away.