From:
dolphinshelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 07:36:36 -0600
hi all,
well tomie is sick i thought it was a fur ball he has been coughing since
we came back from oregon, but its not, i gave him three days of hair ball
remidy now he is throwing up, i have been giving him pediolite mixed with
ferretvite only way he will drink it, he throws half of it back up but
that means at least half is staying in him.  he is eating small amounts
of ferret food lastnight i had to work so i had my sister in law mush up
some ferret food and mixed it with heavy whipping cream, she said she
really had to fight with him to get him to eat a small amount,now im scared
my tomie is a true piglet will eat about anything, he is losing weight
fast, i thought about a possible blockage so i seperated him from the other
ferrets and cleaned the litter box to see if his bowels moved there is a
small amount in the box this morning, all he is doing is sleeping ALOT..
we have a vet appt.  at 430 this after noon but out here vet's are not
fimilar with ferrets if he has to go on anti boitics what is the best kind
for ferrets, should i have them check for a blockage if so how,i want to
make damn sure they do it right, tomie is my first baby and i love him
dearly i dont want anything bad to happen to him, please if anyone knows
what to do respond i will check my email before i take him this afternoon i
have to get some sleep i have been up all night..

god bless,
shelley