From:
Blossom Flower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:56:53 -0800
Nancy's post:
>Dear Sillygirl,
>
>Just a word of advice, take it or leave it: Your posts have repeatedly
>stated things that you later said you didn't mean, and you have then
>criticized fmlers for misunderstanding you.  People have taken offense to
>things YOU HAVE SAID, which is not character bashing.  If you want to be
>clearly understood, please re-read your posts before you send them and
>make sure your words clearly state your intent - even if it means putting
>your post aside for a day until your emotions cool off, then re-reading
>it for clarity.  Wouldn't that be better than having to defend yourself
>many times over?
>
>Nancy and critters

Dear Nancy,

First of all, I can not take back what was already posted almost 2 months
ago.  What's done is done.  I have already apologized and clarified what
I meant in hopes of clearing up the misunderstanding.  So there is no
need for you or anyone to keep going back to that as it has already been
delt with.

Second, yes I will defend myself when I have been unfairly judged or
attacked, especially when I have been misquoted several times.  There
was nothing wrong with the message I posted last week in defense of pet
stores.  Someone later quoted me as saying that "all of us" have gotten
our ferrets from pet stores, which I did not state at any time.  The
impression was also given that I somehow favored pet stores over
shelters, which isn't the case, so I of course wanted to correct that
statement.

Third, my name is not "sillygirl".  Talk about misreading something.  How
many times have you seen the name "Blossom" written after my posts now
and yet you still refer to me as "silly girl", which is just my email
address??  I don't call you by your email address title, do I?

You know I agree with you about the whole respect issue, which is the
whole point of anything I've ever posted.  My point is that we all need
to respect eachother's differences, regardless of whether we agree with
them or not.  I also agree that sometimes it's better to reread something
and think on it before posting to make sure that it's not offensive.  I
wish I had done that with my first post that got people so upset, but I
guess some things just rubbed me the wrong way.

But at the same time shouldn't the same thing apply to other fmlers as
well??  Some people make it the habit to bash pet stores and to critisize
members who don't do things exactly the same way which THEY think we
should.  I was even told by several that I was unfit to have a ferret in
my care and that I should leave the FML.  None of that was called for.
Talk about "loaded words" as someone mentioned.

For some of these people my apology and explanation will never be good
enough and that's ok, because I don't need anyone as any part of my life
who is that harsh, unkind and unforgiving of human error.  I know what
kind of person I am and God knows and that is all that matters.  I know
that I care very much about animals and that they are far more than just
ornaments (as some also said).  And as I said before... Maybe you and
some of the same people who keep telling me to be careful of what I post
and to be "considerate", "compassionate", "tolerant", etc..  of other
people need to also practice what they preach to me.  Maybe you should
consider that some of your posts have also offended people on here.
When I say "you" I mean that generally, of course.

For all the people who want to badmouth and mock me on here, there are a
lot more who have been kind and defended me and even agreed with some of
my posts...(Imagine that!) Yes, there are others out there who agree that
all the bashing needs to stop and many who feel the same way I do.  I've
gotten some very wonderful and kind emails from people thru the FML and
that means a lot to me.  I guess not everyone shares the negative
opinions expressed on the board.

As I was told by countless people...If you don't like a post skip past
it.  Right??  The same goes for you and anyone else who doesn't like me
defending some reputable pet stores after seeing them bashed repeatedly
on this forum.  If people can post whatever they want to, no matter how
offensive or generalizing it is, then don't I also have a right to post
something in someone's defense stating a different viewpoint??  That is
a point which is sadly missed.  It's like if everyone does not share the
same brain on the fml with all aspects of ferret care, then to hell with
us and we are told to leave the forum.  That is truly sad.  There should
be room for all kinds of viewpoints on this forum and people need to be
able to voice their feelings without fear of being blacklisted.

I already said I was sorry for the way SOME of my original post was
worded, but I also think I made some valid points, too such as my
feelings about the feeder mice comments.  And apparently I'm not alone
in my feelings because I've noticed that a lot of people have been upset
about those posts, too as I've seen many messages about it lately.

If my apology is not good enough for you or anyone else that is not my
fault.  I have gone out of my way to reply to emails and to try to clear
up any misunderstandings which occured, but there are some people who
still attack me privately and on the FML and are totally relentless.  I
don't see those individuals practicing what they preach at all!  Remember
"don't judge unless you want to be judged." I will leave you with that
thought.  After this I will not be replying to anymore rude messages on
the FML or in my email box.  They will simply be ignored.  I did not
join the FML to deal with all this drauma.  Enough is enough.  No hard
feelings.  Take care.

~BLOSSOM~   <---- notice the name this time please...

[Moderator's note: I hope it will be everyone's last post on the issue,
please.  Voluntarily, I hope?  BIG]