From:
Jennifer Coyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 23:59:00 -0700
>CPU.  Central propulsion unit.  The CPU is the computer's engine.  It
>consists of a hard drive, an interface card and a tiny spinning wheel that's
>powered by a running rodent - a gerbil if the machine is a 286, a ferret if
>it's a 386 and a ferret on speed if it's a 486...

I just wanted to comment that though I thought this was a bit cute, I am
annoyed at the fact that people are still making references to ferrets as if
they are rodents.  They are not!  They are NOT related to a gerbil or a
hamster or a mouse or a rat.  They ARE related to the black-footed ferret,
the otter, the badger, the weasel and the polecat (and some others).  Just
wanted to make sure that the ignorance isn't spread, heehee.

Jennifer M. Coyer CVT
Fred, Faya and Zero the Fuzzheads