From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:03:57 -0600
Hello All, well true to my word the calculator and I sat down to host
another segment of add the shelter list.

Seriously though, I said each time the shelter list was mailed out that I
have dedicated myself to adding it all up.  The numbers seem to be lower
than the last time or maybe I'm just really hoping.  So here it is in
condensed form:

   Ferrets in Shelters...2776
   Ferrets up for Adoption...1413
   Permanent Shelter Residents...1233
   Ferrets Needing Sponsors...851
   Vet and Shelter Bills...somewhere between 80- 100,000 dollars

This includes the U.S., Canada, England, New Zealand, and Belgium.

Even though the numbers seem to be lower than last time, I still can't
emphasize enough how important it is to adopt from a shelter or at least
to sponsor a ferret that has to stay because of age or illness, or to
make a donation of any kind.  My hat goes off to all of you who are
dedicated to the care of our beloved furries.

Kathy and the Ferret Collective-the rescue crew