From:
Tina Femea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:34:33 -0600
I stopped at the grocery store and pet store on the way home Saturday.  I
went into the ferret room, dropped all the bags on the floor, and let the
fuzzies out.  While I was putting away the ferret things, they snorkled
though the bags.  Slinky got bored and wandered off, but Toggles emerged -
with a thin plastic bag with 2 "heads" of garlic in it!  Now, my ferrets
don't eat plastic, so I took out the clove I needed for dinner, tied a knot
in the bag, and let him have it.  It was promptly hidden under the bed, and
I told my boyfriend to remind me to get it out later.

Well, Monday afternoon, the ferrets were running around the bedroom while
the boyfriend (who thinks he is a giant ferret - he even gets fed raisins
when he's good. :) and I watched a movie on the couch.  When the movie was
over, I went in the bedroom to check on the ferrets - only to be nearly
knocked over by the smell of garlic!  The ferrets were asleep, so I dug
under the bed, and pulled out the remains.  Toggles had torn a hole in the
plastic bag, and had eaten 2 or 3 entire cloves!

He's eating and pooping normally, and I can't imagine it making him sick,
although he couldn't understand yesterday why I wouldn't let him kiss me -
his breath _reeked_ of garlic!

Kelli (in Houston) - e-mail me again - I lost your phone number...

Tina Marie