From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:07:00 -0700
Hi Everyone:

Squirt is a female ferret of unknown age. She was found wandering the
mean streets of Rochester and taken to Animal Control. Typically,
situations like this include transferring the animal to Lollypop Farm
our private Humane Society of Greater Rochester, for medical evaluation
and treatment.

I have not seen Squirt other than her pics at the site listed below.
I did talk to an adoption counselor and was frustrated when she told
me that Squirt came in underweight and missing fur. Hmmm, I didn't get
any calls about fostering a ferret in need? I even directed an e-mail
to the foster counselor who blew me off. I tried for you Squirt.

As I said, age is unknown, but I was assured ferrets live between 7
and 9 years. Okay, I set them up for that one as they also had a seven
year old there at the time. There is no guarantee she is not adrenal,
although I was told some of the fur is growing back. She is also
gaining weight. If I were to call the clinic and mention this it would
be certain euthanasia for Squirt. I am trying to keep track of her and
how long she has been there. I'm pretty sure they have had her for
about a month now.

At LPF each pet adopter receives a voucher for a free vet exam at one
of the vets listed in the packet. The ferret adoption fee is $50.00 and
the ferret will have received a rabies and one or two Ivermectin shots
for ear mites (depends on how long she has been there). Below is a link
to her pics. She is a sable and is presenting herself in a great tongue
shot!
<http://www.lollypop.org/site/c.clKUI9OQIoJcH/b.7792273/k.8CFC/Adoptable_Animals.htm>

If you have further questions I might help you with let me know.

LPF is located at 99 Victor Road in Fairport, NY

Cathy

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3