From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:34:13 -0800
When I first started doing shelter work, our policy was "vaccinate
everyone regardless of age or health" but now the vet won't vaccinate
ferrets with obviously compromised immune systems (i.e., obvious
adrenal disease).

So, my question to you is, what is your vaccination policy? Do you
have one? Do you vaccinate all ferrets for both distemper and rabies?
Just distemper? If you don't vaccinate, do you have the adoptors sign
something stating that they WILL get vaccinations for the ferrets
adopted? Do you ask that surrendered ferrets be vaccinated? Do you
use Purevax or Galaxy or something else?

Any assistance you can give to help me make a better vaccination policy
will help!

Thanks!

Melanee Ellis
Shelter Manager