From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 07:31:30 -0400
Dear FML Friends,

Marilyn here and it has been a week since Charity passed.

The week has been hard, and I will always hold her memory dear. She was
so very special to me.

Without your help and kind words, I could never have gone through the
week as well as I did. I have so many emails from you all, thank you;
they are in a special folder.

I want to thank each of you for your support at this trying time, and
sharing my pain with someone else, lessened the burden I had to carry.

Charity is in a much better place now. Life goes on, and while I was
cleaning her cage, keeping her special egg, (She always put it to bed
every night) for myself, another special needs kid was looking for a
home.

Wednesday came into my life on Saturday from Ferretwise. Alicia has
done a wonderful job of teaching her not to bite, the reason she became
a special needs kid.

I brought her home, installed her in Charity's cage, and started her on
the Ledoux ritual. She was upset last night with the move and a new
home, and she spent the night looking around her new digs. She heard
the dogs and cats making their small talk, and met Holly and Ivy, and
wondered who that kid with the feathers was next door. She was tired,
and went to sleep early.

This morning, she had her soup and ferretone, and is playing with her
new toys. It is still hard for me to realize Charity is gone, BUT, the
cage is not empty any more, and a new kid will have a chance at a
better life.

Life here will be different, maybe it would better some where else as
I work a lot of hours, BUT, it is definitely better than what she had
(before she came to Alicia). We have plenty of food, ferretone, warm
fuzzy sleepers, and I have made room in my heart for her. She has not
really nipped, just bonded with me. I prefer to look at it this way,
with a taste, she can tell who I am.

Thank you all again for supporting and helping me through a VERY trying
time. I have lost ferrets before, but losing Charity was different, it
was very very difficult.

With help from all of you, I am making a good recovery, and as long as
people abuse animals, there will always be someone needing a bed in a
Hospice Home.

Marilyn Ledoux